Weekly Tai Chi Classes at Croome
Learn a pure and authentic tai chi and qigong system that was developed and brought to the West by a Doctor of Western medicine,
(who also happened to be a genuine Tai Chi Master and teaching Lama).
Do you want to:
- get more physically active, but also chill-out,
- practice physical exercises that also flex the mind,
- improve your physical and mental wellbeing,
- cope better with causes of anxiety and stress,
- improve your posture, core strength, flexibility, and balance,
- support your recovery from illness or the treatment of an illness,
- support your management of life-changing health conditions (eg: Parkinson's Disease, Arthritis, Fybromyalgia, CFS/ME, etc),
- or, simply spend some time learning a rather special Traditional Chinese Martial Art within unique surroundings?
If so, maybe these Tai Chi classes are for you!
About the 'Tai Chi at Croome' Classes
PLEASE NOTE: you won't be floating around a room trying to 'feel the energy' at these classes!
Instead, the sessions will be devoted to learning a 13-step Taiji 37 style form, drawing on Taijiwuxigong for support.
We will use this to learn and explore the 13 'Shi', or dynamics, that are fundamental to any authentic Taijiquan style.
In practice, this means developing balance, proprioception, expansion, and an inner connection with self.
We appreciate that there are a couple of unpronounceable Chinese words in the previous paragraph,
so here are some brief explanations of them:
- Taiji 37 is a short sequence of expansive postures that originates from the 'Nanpai' tradition of Tai Chi.
- Taijiwuxigong is a set of exercises involving movement, breath, sound, and meditation,
that gently liberate the mind and body of tension.
Do use the navigation bar above to find out further information about these techniques.
Thursdays, 9-30am - 11-00am (beginners: 9-30am - 10-30am). New term starting on 7th September 2023.
The old 'SOQ' building, NT Croome, Croome D'Abitot, Worcestershire, WR8 9DW.
Fee: £10.00 per class, or £72.00 for the 8 week 'term'.
You can 'pay as you go' in cash (£10.00) on arrival to each class,
or you can book and pay in advance (£72.00) for the 8 week 'term', using the 'Book A Term Now' button below.
- We shall normlly be using the 'SOQ' building at the top end of the car park at Croome, close to the RAF Defford Museum
- click on the 'SOQ Building' button below for detailed directions.
However, we may opt to use a nearby outdoor space in fair weather, to make the most of the beautiful surroundings.
- Come to each session prepared to do some exercise, wearing light layers, appropriate flat-ish soled shoes/trainers, and a smile.
- Before your first class: please complete the short health questionnaire, by clicking the 'Health Check' button below.
Feel free to phone Marc on 01905 811123 if you have any questions.
Book A Term Now